100g cake flour
125g nutty wheat flour
1 egg yolk
Pinch of cream of tartar
1 onion, chopped
1 large bunch spinach stems removed and cooked
Salt and pepper
1ml grated lemon rind
250ml plain yoghurt
15ml cake flour
100ml cheddar cheese
- Sift the cake flour, cream of tartar and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add nutty wheat.
- Grate the butter into the flour mixture and rub in with fingertips.
- Add egg yolk and just enough water to form a stiff dough.
- Seal and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough and line a 24cm pie dish with the pastry.
- Line the pastry with wax paper and fill with dried beans.
- Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Remove beans and bake for a further 7 minutes.
- Sauté the onion in oil until soft and place on the pastry.
- Pat the spinach dry and season, add lemon rind and place over onion.
- Blend the yoghurt, eggs, and flour and pour over spinach.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 30 minutes.