1 can asparagus salad cuts, drained
2 slices of lean ham, chopped (optional)
2 eggs lightly beaten
40g grated cheddar cheese
Freshly ground black pepper
5ml dried parsley
4 slices of brown or wholewheat bread, sliced diagonally
Paprika to garnish
- Mix all the ingredients together except the bread.
- Take care not to mash the asparagus.
- Line a pie dish with the bread and pour the asparagus filling over.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180° for about 20 minutes or until the filling has set and its starts turning golden brown.