6 peppers, any colours
30 - 45ml olive oil
pinch of alt
100g spicy sausages, diced
1 small onion, finely chopped
100g button mushrooms, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
50g cheddar cheese, grated
- Cut off the top of each pepper and remove seeds and the membrane.
- Prepare your couscous as per instructions on the package.
- Once the couscous is ready stir in the butter and leave to stand for a few minutes and fluff with a fork.
- In a frying pan heat a little oil and fry the sausages, onion and mushrooms for a few minutes.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the sausage mixture to the couscous and leave to cool slightly and then stir in the cheese.
- Spoon the couscous mixture into the peppers and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place the tops of the peppers back on the top and cover with tin foil.
- Place the peppers into a greased oven dish and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 30 minutes it until done.