6 chicken breast fillets
salt and freshly ground black pepper
30ml olive oil
1-2 fresh or dried bay leaves
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
20ml mild curry powder
1ml ground cumin
10ml finely chopped fresh ginger
250g soft dried apricots
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
250ml plain yoghurt
extra chopped celery
roughly chopped fresh
- Place the chicken breasts in a large oven dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place the bay leaves on top of the chicken and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes.
- Be careful not to over cook the chicken, this will dry it out.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, paprika and ginger and stir-fry for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the apricots, celery, mayonnaise and yoghurt and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix with the mayonnaise sauce.
- Garnish with extra celery and coriander.
- Serve with rice or pasta or with a green salad.