125ml olive oil
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
800g small ripe Roma tomatoes
2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
250g tagliatelle pasta
basil to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the garlic until fragrant.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the tomatoes and fry until their skins burst.
- Gently mash the tomatoes with a fork or potato masher.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta in salted water until al dente and drain.
- Add the cheese and heat until completely melted.
- Add the tomato sauce to the pasta and toss.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil