150ml brown sugar
2 large eggs
210ml self-raising flour
20ml lemon juice
50g pecan nuts, chopped
50ml corn flour
2ooml brown sugar
5ml caramel or vanilla essence
10ml lemon juice
500ml boiling water
- Cream the butter and the sugar until light.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased 1,5l baking dish.
- Mix the corn flour, sugar, essence and lemon juice together in a large jug.
- Pour in the boiling water gradually, stirring continuously.
- Pour the sauce over the pudding mixture and bake at 180°C for 40 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve with whipped cream, ice cream or custard.