2 cups rice
875 ml boiling water
2 chicken or vegetable stock cubes
1 onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
30ml sunflower oil
250g bacon, sliced
1 tomato, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, diced
2 carrots, grated
3 - 4 spring onions, sliced
pinch of black pepper
- Bring your water to the boil and add your rice and stock cubes.
- The rice must be cooked until soft but still firm.
- Lightly fry the onion and garlic in the oil until soft.
- Add the bacon, tomato, red pepper and carrot to the onion mixture and braise till just done.
- Add the spring onion and season with salt and black pepper.
- Mix the vegetable mixture and the rice lightly together with a fork.
- Serve the rice salad hot.