8 chicken pieces
400ml can coconut cream
½ cup water
1 tsp minced chilli
1 Tblsp roasted peanuts
¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 stalk lemon grass, chopped (use tender white part only)
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp sugar
½ tsp shrimp paste (optional)
1 Tblsp Oil
- Place chicken in a heavy frying pan, cover with 1 cup coconut cream and ½ cup water, bring to the boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Place chilli, peanuts, pepper, lemon grass, onion, garlic, sugar and shrimp paste into a blender or food processor, blend to a paste.
- Heat oil and fry paste for 2 minutes, add remaining coconut cream, cook over high heat until mixture has reduced to 1/3.
- Add chicken to frying pan and turn over in the paste until well coated.
- Serve garnished with chopped chilli.