1 cup sago soaked in cold water for an hour
750ml full cream milk
80ml brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 stick cinnamon
ground cinnamon to sprinkle
- Drain sago, rinse and drain again.
- Bring the milk and cinnamon stick to boil in a saucepan.
- As soon as the milk starts to boil lower the heat and add the sago.
- Stir continuously over a low heat until sago has thickened and has become transparent. (add more milk if too thick)
- Remove the cinnamon stick and add the sugar and salt.
- Remove from heat and beat in 2 eggs, one at a time.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Pour mixture into greased ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over mixture and bake on 180°C in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until brown on top.
Serving suggestions: Serve as is or with a little cream or with fresh fruit.