1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
500g lean beef mince
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large tomatoes, skinned and diced
1 cup butternut, 1cm cubed and cooked
50ml basil pesto
3 extra-large eggs, whisked
250g cream cheese
250ml fresh cream
250ml cheddar cheese, grated
extra pesto to serve
- Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water until al dente, drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the mince and fry until done.
- Season the mince mixture with salt and pepper, add the tomatoes, butternut, chutney and pesto and mix well.
- Add the cooked macaroni to the mince mixture and mix well and place a large greased oven dish.
- Whisk the eggs, cottage cheese and cream together and pour it over the mince mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and bake in a preheated oven at 180 °C for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a dollop of extra pesto and a fresh green salad.