15ml olive oil
2 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, peeled and chopped
2 celery sticks, chopped
400g tin of chopped tomatoes
400g tin of mixed beans, rinsed and drained
150g rindless bacon, chopped
1 small cabbage (about 100g), thinly sliced
1 litre of chicken stock
salt and black pepper to taste
1 small bunch of parsley
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion and bacon until the onion is soft and begins to brown (about 4 – 5 minutes).
- Stir in the garlic, carrot, celery and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, cabbage and stock, bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the parsley.