20ml olive oil
15ml red curry paste
6 - 8 spring onions, finely chopped
1 red or pepper, seeded, cored and julienned
3 chicken breast fillets, cut into strips
salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cans (410 g each) chopped tomatoes
1 can (410 g) coconut milk
300ml chicken or vegetable stock
½ cup frozen peas (optional)
30ml soy sauce
30 lime juice
¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
5ml brown sugar
extra coriander to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and fry the red curry paste and spring onions for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken breast strips and stir-fry until cooked.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the coriander, tomatoes, red pepper, coconut milk, chicken/vegetable stock, peas, soy sauce and lime juice and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the brown sugar and simmer for a few minutes longer.
- Serve with extra coriander.