This free spicy tuna couscous recipe is absolutely amazing!
15ml olive oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 red chilli, seeds removed and chopped
5ml ground cumin
5ml ground coriander
5ml ground cinnamon
2 Tblsp slivered almonds
125 ml coriander, chopped
juice of 1 lemon
2 cans (170 g each) tuna in oil, drained, reserving some of the oil
coriander leaves to garnish
- In a large pan heat the olive oil over medium heat, cook the onion for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tuna, red pepper, chilli, cumin, coriander and cinnamon and cook a minute or 2.
- Add the water and salt, bring to the boil and stir in the couscous, turn off the heat and cover for 15 minutes.
- As soon as the couscous is swollen, add the almonds and fluff with a fork.
- Serve and garnish with fresh coriander.