250g butter, softened
250ml icing sugar, sifted
625ml cake flour
3ml baking powder
Pinch of salt
10ml ground mixed spice
125ml mixed raisins and sultanas, roughly chopped
50g white chocolate, melted
- Beat the butter and icing sugar together until creamy.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, raisins and sultanas.
- Roll the mixture into 2 log shapes and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for an hour or 2, until firm.
- Cut the logs into 1cm thick slices and place on greased baking trays.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12 – 15 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Remove from trays and cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a sealable plastic bag or a paper piping bag.Cut off one of the corners of the bag and carefully pipe melted chocolate in the shape of a cross over each biscuit.
- Allow the chocolate to set completely before packing the cookies between layers of greaseproof paper.