8 – 10 chicken pieces
salt and freshly ground black pepper
60ml olive oil
1 garlic clove, halved
5 sprigs thyme
30ml Worcestershire Sauce
2 ripe oranges, peeled and diced
1 orange, with rind very thinly sliced
30ml finely chopped Italian parsley
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the chicken pieces a few pieces at a time, with the garlic and thyme.
- Pour the vinegar over the chicken pieces in the pan and cook until it has evaporated.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and honey, stir until well blended.
- Add a little water and the orange pieces to the pan, arrange the orange slices on top of the chicken pieces and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the sauce is syrupy.
- Serve with either baked potato’s or mashed potato and a green salad.