1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 onion, halved and sliced
5 – 10ml curry powder
250g lean beef mince
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 - 2 carrots, peeled and diced
½ cup frozen peas (optional)
2 potatoes, peeled and diced into 1cm cubes
150ml beef stock
30ml hot chutney
30ml tomato paste
fresh parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the garlic and onion until soft and fragrant.
- Add the curry powder and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the mince to the onion and garlic and brown.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, beef stock, chutney and tomato paste and simmer on a low heat for 10 – 15 minutes, until the potatoes start to soften.
- Add the peas and simmer for a further 5 – 8 minutes until peas are cooked through.
- Season with salt and ground black pepper.
- Garnish with parsley.