salt and pepper to season
500g calamari rings or pieces, defrosted
250ml fresh breadcrumbs
oil for shallow-frying
100ml sour cream
2 Tblsp capers, chopped
1 tsp chives, chopped
1 tsp parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
30 - 45ml lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Dust the calamari with the flour, then dip into the eggs and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Ensure each piece is well coated with the crumbs.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat enough oil in a pan for shallow-frying and fry the calamari until done.
- Serve immediately with tartar sauce, lemon wedges and chips or a side salad.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.