3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 small tin of anchovies, drained
1 tin shredded tuna in brine, drained
150g drained black olives, pitted and halved
400g fresh cherry tomatoes, halved or 2 tins chopped tomatoes
30ml capers, rinsed
1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1 lemon
45ml fresh parsley, chop the stalks and the leaves separately
grated parmesan to serve (optional)
- Heat the butter in a large pan over medium heat and sauté the garlic, capers, anchovies, the chopped chilli and the parsley stalks.
- As soon as the garlic starts to get a little colour add the tuna, olives, tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- Drain and add the cooked pasta to the sauce in the pan and add the lemon juice and some of the parsley.
- Simmer for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle the remaining parsley on top before serving.
- Finally sprinkle with the grated parmesan cheese.
Serves 4 - 6