310ml cake flour
50g castor sugar
5ml baking powder
150ml desiccated coconut
60ml smooth apricot jam
A little extra coconut for decorating
- Rub the margarine into the flour.
- Stir in the sugar, baking powder and coconut.
- Bind into a stiff paste with the egg and knead well.
- Roll out to just under 10mm thickness on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into rounds, re-rolling and cutting and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Prick with a fork and bake at 180°C for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and brush with jam and sprinkle a little coconut on top.