5ml cayenne pepper or paprika
2ml ground ginger
2ml ground coriander
2ml ground cinnamon
2ml dried basil
2ml freshly ground black pepper
juice of 1 lemon
30ml olive oil
1 small packet baby carrots
2 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
2 onions, cut into wedges
200ml vegetable stock
1 packet of fresh green asparagus, halved
8 – 10 baby sweetcorn (optional)
1 red pepper, sliced
4 baby brinjals, thickly sliced
4 baby marrows, thickly sliced
½ butternut, diced
- Mix all the spice mixture ingredients together to form a paste and spread over the vegetables.
- Place the carrots, sweet potatoes and onions in an oven pan.
- Pour the vegetable stock over and roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining vegetables and roast for another 20 minutes or until all the vegetables are done.
- Serve with any meat dish, lovely with a roasted chicken.
Serves 4 - 6