4 large pork chops
salt and freshly ground black pepper
5ml mustard powder
1 extra-large egg, whisked
250ml dried breadcrumbs
oil for shallow-frying
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C and season the pork chops with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the flour and mustard powder on a large shallow plate.
- Put the whisked egg and breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
- Roll each chop in the seasoned flour, then dip it in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs.
- Put the crumbed chop on a greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with the remaining chops and leave them in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Heat enough oil for shallow-frying and fry the pork chops until golden brown on both sides.
- Return the fried chops to the greased baking sheet and bake for about 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetablestables.