1 tin (410g) asparagus pieces
2 tins (170g each) shredded tuna in brine
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
65ml cake flour
500ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
500ml hot milk
30ml fresh parsley, chopped
Salt & lemon pepper to season
- Drain the asparagus and tuna, reserve the liquid.
- Puree the asparagus and tuna and pour the reserved liquid over the mixture.
- In a large pot melt the butter and sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a minute, remove from the stove and beat in the hot stock and milk, beat until smooth and return to the stove.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and add the asparagus and tuna mixture, parsley and seasoning.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for about 2 minutes, ladle the soup into heated bowls and serve.