30ml olive oil
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 onion, sliced
300g baby spinach leaves
100g barley, cooked
30ml freshly chopped mixed herbs
200g mature cheddar, grated
250ml sour cream or ready-made cheese sauce
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the garlic and onion.
- Add the spinach leaves and stir-fry for a few minutes.
- Add the cooked barley, herbs and half the cheese and stir well.
- Place the mixture into a greased baking dish and top with the sour cream or cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 15 minutes and golden brown.