8g instant yeast
100g chocolate, chopped
Golden syrup for glazing
- Mix all the yeast mixture ingredients together and leave in a warm place for about 20 minutes until frothy.
- Meanwhile rub the butter into the 350ml flour until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Add the egg to the yeast mixture and mix well and add to the flour and butter crumbs.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes, until smooth.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow to rise until double in size.
- Grease a 15 x 20 x 5cm baking tray.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface to form a 1cm thick rectangle.
- Sprinkle the chocolate, sugar and cinnamon over the dough and roll into a sausage.
- Using a sharp knife, cut 3cm thick slices and arrange them on the baking tray.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 20 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Drizzle a little golden syrup over the buns as a glaze.
- Serve hot or cold.