1 onion, chopped
1 tsp crushed garlic
3ml ground cumin
500g carrots, scraped and thickly sliced
1 large potato, peeled and cubed
1l vegetable stock
1 can (410g) white kidney beans, drained
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Plain yoghurt for serving
Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the garlic, cumin, carrots, potato pieces and sauté until glossy.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer gently until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the beans and heat through.
- Cool slightly and blitz with a handheld blender until smooth.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with a swirl of plain yoghurt and parsley.