200g butternut, cubed
1 small onion, chopped
45ml olive oil
Salt & black pepper to taste
250ml boiling water
garnish with fresh chopped herbs
- Preheat the grill.
- Boil or steam the butternut until almost cooked.
- Drain and drizzle the butternut with olive oil and season with salt and black pepper.
- Spread the butternut out onto a baking tray and place under the hot grill until golden and lightly caramelised.
- Place the couscous in a bowl, pour over the boiling water, cover and allow to stand for 5 minutes until the water has absorbed.
- Gently fry the onion in a little oil until just soft and set aside.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork to separate the crumbs and season to taste.
- Stir in the butternut, onion and butter.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs.
- Serve hot or cold.