100g baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
200g potatoes, peeled & grated
200g baby marrow’s/zucchini, grated
80ml cake flour
100ml grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, whisked
salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
extra grated Parmesan to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl mix the spinach, potatoes and baby marrow’s together.
- Stir in the flour, Parmesan cheese and egg until well combined.
- Season the mixture with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a little oil in a frying pan and drop dollops of the mixture into the pan and fry until golden brown and cooked through.
- Place the cooked Rösti’s on paper towels to absorb the extra oil, keep warm while you cook the rest of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the Rösti’s with a little Parmesan cheese or top with a fried or poached egg and some button mushrooms lightly fried or grilled with a little butter.
Interesting fact: Rösti was originally a common breakfast eaten by farmers in the canton of Bern all over Switzerland, today is is eaten all over the world.
Serves 2 – 4