1 small onion, chopped
1 medium butternut, peeled, seeded & diced
600ml vegetable stock
Nutmeg to taste
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 can whole kernel sweet corn
15ml freshly chopped parsley
- Place the onion and butternut in a saucepan, add the stock and season with nutmeg, salt & pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the sweet corn and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mash the butternut with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the parsley and serve hot with fresh bread.