1 onion, finely chopped
400g broccoli, cut into florets
1 litre ready made white sauce
200g feta cheese, crumbled
250g streaky bacon, chopped
- In a saucepan heat the oil and sauté the onion until transparent.
- Add the broccoli and cook for a minute.
- Add the white sauce and simmer over a low heat until the broccoli soft.
- Add 150g feta and blend with a handheld blender until smooth.
- In a large frying pan cook the bacon until crispy.
- Stir the bacon into the soup, reserve some for garnishing.
- Garnish with the remaining crumbled feta and bacon.
- In a saucepan melt 90g butter and add 90g flour.
- Stir over the heat for a minute.
- Remove from the heat and gradually whisk in one litre of milk.
- Return to the heat and stir until thickened.
- Season to taste.