15ml crushed garlic
1 onion, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
5ml cajun spice
2ml ground turmeric
5ml dried origanum
250ml uncooked rice
750ml chicken stock
15ml tomato paste
450g seafood mix, defrosted
30ml fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large frying pan heat the oil and fry the garlic, onion and pepper for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add all the spices and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir quickly so the spice mixture coats the rice.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the tomato paste and simmer gently until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Add the seafood mix and parsley, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve hot.