250ml icing sugar
900ml desiccated coconut
1 tin condensed milk
5ml vanilla essence
1ml cream of tartar
few drops of food colouring
- Mix the icing sugar, coconut, condensed milk, vanilla essence, cream of tartar and salt together.
- Press half of the mixture firmly on the base of well-greased 25 x 15cm dish.
- Colour the remaining half light pink with the food colouring. Knead the mixture well.
- Press the pink mixture firmly onto the white layer.
- Refrigerate to harden.
- Cut into 4cm x 4cm squares.