30ml cooking oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
300g bacon, chopped
100ml sour cream
handful fresh chives
salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until soft, drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and fry the onion until just soft.
- Add the bacon and cook until done, stir in the sour cream and remove from heat.
- Peel and cut the potatoes into small cubes.
- Toss the bacon mixture, potatoes and chives together.
- Season to taste and serve hot.