280g cake flour
140g cold butter or margarine
1 can (175g) corned beef
50g white breadcrumbs
50g cheddar cheese, grated
10ml chopped parsley
½ a small onion, grated
3ml Worcestershire sauce
salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, add the butter and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add a little water to form a firm dough, cover and chill.
- In a mixing bowl chop up the corned beef and add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Roll out half of the pastry and line a 20cm pie dish.
- Spoon the filling into the pie dish.
- Roll out the remaining pastry.
- Brush the edges of the pastry in the pie dish with water, then cover with the remaining rolled out pastry.
- Lightly press the edges down with a fork and brush with beaten egg or milk.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Variation: Add half a cup of peas to the pie filling.
Serves 6 – 8