600g pumpkin, peeled & diced
1 onion, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
5ml ground cumin
5ml ground coriander
5 – 10ml mild curry powder
20ml fresh coriander
1.25l hot vegetable or chicken stock
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
60ml sour cream
Roasted pumpkin seeds
- In a large pot heat the oil and fry the pumpkin, onion and garlic for about 10 minutes.
- Add the cumin, ground coriander, curry powder and fresh coriander and fry for another minute.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Process until smooth, stir in the cream and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Ladle the soup into heated bowls and garnish with a drizzle of sour cream, pumpkin seeds and fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with fresh health bread.