250g castor sugar
500g cake flour
250g corn flour
60ml glace ginger in sugar syrup, drained & finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease two rectangular (20cm x 30cm) baking tray.
- Cream the butter and castor sugar together until light and creamy.
- Sift the cake flour and corn flour together and add the ginger.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly until a dough is formed.
- Divide the dough mixture and press into the baking trays.
- Prick the dough with a fork and mark out bars or squares.
- Bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle castor sugar on the top after baking.