1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp crushed garlic
500g lean beef mince
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 carrots, peeled and grated
1 can of beans in tomato sauce
1 can of tomato puree
125ml frozen corn
1 green pepper, diced or ½ cup frozen peas
2 slices of bread, crusts removed
30ml Worcestershire sauce
- Heat oil in a saucepan and sauté onion until soft, remove from heat.
- Place mince, eggs, carrot, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and onion in a bowl.
- Break the bread into piece and add to the bowl. Mix together with your hands to make a smooth firm mixture.
- Use your hands to shape the mixture into 10 - 12 meatballs.
- Mix together the tomato puree, beans, corn, green pepper or peas and 125ml water.
- Pour half of this mixture into a greased baking dish. Place the meatballs in a single layer and pour the remaining sauce over the top.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until brown and cooked through.
- Serve with rice or mealie pap.