This free Creamy Broccoli Soup Recipe is delicious… Can be enjoyed hot or cold… For those of you who prefer the healthier option you may substitute the cream for plain yoghurt.
1 broccoli head, broken into florets
2 onions, diced
1 tsp crushed garlic
1l chicken stock
nutmeg to taste
freshly ground black pepper
50ml cream, lightly whipped to garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan, add the broccoli, garlic and onions, sauté over a low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook for a minute.
- Add the chicken stock, milk, nutmeg and pepper, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Blitz the soup with a handheld blender.
- Add the cream and heat through.
- Ladle the soup into soup bowls and garnish with cream or a small piece of broccoli.
- Can be served hot or cold.
- Serve with fresh French bread.