750g pears, peeled, cored & quartered
75g melted butter
4 large eggs
60g ground almonds
10ml almond essence
Pinch of salt
75g cake flour
icing sugar to decorate
- Butter a 2 litre heatproof baking dish and arrange the pear quarters on the bottom and sprinkle with half the sugar.
- Place the milk, brandy, remaining sugar, butter, eggs, ground almonds, almond essence, salt and the flour into a blender in that order.
- Cover and blend on high for a minute.
- Pour the batter over the pears and bake in a preheated oven at 175°C for about 40 minutes or a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve hot with fresh cream.
- The pudding will sink a little as it cools.