2 large carrots, chopped
2 celery sticks, sliced
4 courgettes/zucchini, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
1 potato, peeled & chopped
1 bay leaf
2ml dried thyme
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
500ml vegetable stock.
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can butter/broad beans, drained & rinsed (optional)
- Place butter in a deep 3 litre microwave proof bowl and cook, covered with kitchen paper on high until melted.
- Add the vegetables, herbs and seasoning to melted butter and stir to combine.
- Cook covered, on high for 7 to 9 minutes until the vegetables are soft, stirring twice.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and beans to the vegetable mixture.
- Cook covered on high for about 5 minutes or until piping hot.
- Discard the bay leaf and serve hot with fresh breads.