1 onion, chopped
The zest and juice of 1 lemon
1 chilli, chopped (optional)
15ml fresh coriander, chopped
Salt to taste
500g chicken livers
250ml plain yoghurt
1 tsp crushed garlic
30ml lemon juice
50g tomato paste
125ml hot water
1 heaped tsp freshly grated ginger
15ml garam masala or mild curry powder
A little sugar
- Mix half the oil with the onion, lemon zest, lemon juice, chilli, coriander and salt. Pour this mixture over the chicken livers and set aside.
- Mix all the tandoori sauce ingredients together.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the livers until brown on the outside but still pink inside.
- Pour the sauce over the livers and heat for about 8 minutes until the livers are well done.
- Serve with rice or naan bread and cumin yoghurt.
- Mix a pinch of cumin with 125ml plain yoghurt.