Impress your guests with this amazing free Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe… So easy to make and oh so deliciously cheesy!
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
4 thick slices mature cheddar cheese or swiss cheese
4 slices smoked ham or pastrami
1/3 cup seasoned flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ cup oil
- Using a sharp knife, cut into the thickest section of each fillet without cutting right through.
- Open the fillet out flat and season to taste.
- Place a slice of cheese and ham on one side of each fillet.
- Fold the remaining half of the fillet over to enclose the filling.
- Carefully coat each fillet with flour and shake off excess flour.
- Dip each fillet into the egg and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Place on a foil lined baking tray, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy based pan and cook the chicken over a medium heat for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve immediately with a lemon wedges, baby potatoes and vegetables.
Serves 3 - 4