Tantalize your taste buds and try this free nice & spicy Chili Con Carne Recipe… Chili Con Carne is a hot dish made with minced meat or ground beef, red kidney beans and vegetables… Serve with any starch of your choice.
2 onions, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled & finely chopped
2 celery sticks, peeled & finely chopped
1 red pepper, seeded & diced
A little olive oil for frying
2 tsp chilli powder
1 heaped tsp ground cumin
1 heaped tsp cinnamon
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
450g lean beef mice
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 can (400g) chopped tomatoes
80g tomato paste
1 can (400g) red kidney beans
Basmati rice to serve
Fresh coriander to garnish
- Fry the onions and garlic in a large saucepan with little oil until softened.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin, cinnamon and season to taste.
- Add the mince meat and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the carrots, celery, red pepper, canned tomatoes, tomato paste, chilli and the water.
- Season to taste if needed.
- Bring to the boil, cover with greaseproof paper and a lid.
- Either lower the heat down to a simmer and cook for 90 minutes or place the pan in the oven at 150°C for 90 minutes.
- Add the red kidney beans 30 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with Basmati rice or couscous or over a baked potato and a small bowl of plain yoghurt or cream cheese, guacamole and lime wedges.
Serves 6 - 8