5ml grated orange rind
80ml seedless dates, chopped
140ml peanuts, chopped
100ml castor sugar
1 large egg
230ml self-raising flour
250ml cornflakes, lightly crushed
- Mix the orange rind, sultanas, dates and peanuts together in a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and creamy.
- Add the egg and beat well.
- Fold in the flour and stir in the fruit and nut mixture.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and then roll in the crushed cornflakes.
- Place onto greased baking trays and bakes for 12 – 15 minutes until golden brown.