This free lemon biscuit recipe is amazing!!
5ml baking powder
200ml corn flour
125ml yellow sugar
2 egg yolks beaten
Grated rind of 2 lemons
250ml icing sugar
25ml lemon juice
- Sift the flour, baking powder and corn flour into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the margarine, add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in the yolks and lemon rind.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring until well mixed.
- Wrap the dough in wax paper and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into sausages, cut into slices and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Leave on the tray for a minute then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Blend the icing sugar with lemon juice and spread over biscuits before serving.