60 ml oil
2 onions, peeled and chopped
1 cloves garlic, crushed
1 green peppers, trimmed and chopped
1 small bunch celery, chopped
1 carrot, grated
750g lean beef mince
2 tins tomatoes (400 g each)
120g each tomato paste
15ml mixed herbs
200ml beef stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper
500g spaghetti, cooked according to the packet instructions
small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, stir-fry the garlic, onions, green pepper, celery and carrot until soft.
- Add the mince and stir-fry until done but not brown (use a fork to break up lumps).
- Add the tinned tomato, tomato paste, sugar, mixed herbs, beef stock and salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about an hour or until thick and fragrant.
- Serve the bolognaise on a bed of spaghetti and garnish with a little Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of fresh parsley.