250g penne pasta
2 cloves garlic, crushed
250g button mushrooms
200ml fresh cream
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
300ml grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in boiling water with salt until al dente.
- Heat butter in a large saucepan and sauté garlic and mushrooms lightly over medium heat until just softened.
- Add cream to the mushrooms and boil gently for a few minutes until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add the pesto and the cooked pasta and toss together.
- Season and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top.