500ml cake flour
15ml baking powder
pinch of salt
125g baking margarine
dash of lemon juice
2 cups tomato sauce
40 - 50 mini salami slices
10 -12 olives, pitted and sliced
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
30ml chopped fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C and grease a baking tray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Rub the margarine into the dry ingredients with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg, milk and lemon juice together and add a little at a time to the dry ingredients, cutting it in with a spatula or table knife.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, lightly press the dough together and flatten slightly.
- Roll out on a floured surface to 1 cm thick and cut out circles.
- Spread each circle with tomato sauce, sprinkle the grated cheese and then place the salami and olive slices and finally sprinkle a little oregano on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the base is cooked and the cheese melted.
- Cool slightly and serve.