Your family won’t be able to resist the tempting aroma of this flavour-filled home baked bread. Quick and easy to make!
1 sachet cheese & bacon potato bake
300ml grated cheddar cheese
300g potatoes, peeled & grated
450ml self-raising flour
- Mix the flour and the sachet of cheese & bacon together in a large bowl.
- Add the grated potatoes and cheese, stirring gently with a fork to coat.
- Beat the egg and milk together and add to the potato mixture.
- Mix well to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently.
- Shape into a ball and place onto a greased baking tray and brush with milk.
- Using a sharp knife divide the dough on top into wedges.
- Bake at 180°C for 45 – 50 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
Makes a large bread