Thai Red Chicken Curry is made with a subtle blend of hot, salty, sweet and sour flavours to get the taste buds tingling. This free Thai Red Chicken Curry recipe is very healthy and will awaken your senses.
1 cup Jasmine rice
60ml red curry paste
400ml coconut milk
125ml chicken stock
15ml fish sauce
15ml lime juice
80ml fresh basil leaves
15ml sunflower oil
15ml peanut oil
1kg chicken breast fillets, cubed
1 can (565g) lychees, drained
1 can (230g) bamboo shoots, drained
Red thai chillies, finely sliced
- Cook the Jasmine rice according to the packet instructions, drain and keep warm.
- Heat the curry paste in a large heavy based saucepan until fragrant.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken stock, fish sauce and lime juice.
- Add 2/3 of the basil leaves to the mixture and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan, add the chicken in batches and fry until golden.
- Add the coconut mixture and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add the lychees and bamboo shoots to the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon curry into a serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining basil leaves and sliced chilli over the top.
- Serve immediately with the Jasmine rice.