This free bacon, corn & potato chowder recipe is bursting with so many flavours that will warm you up on a cold winter’s night… deliciously creamy!
125g rindless bacon, diced
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 chilli, chopped (optional)
3 tomatoes, peeled, seeded & chopped
2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
500ml frozen corn
Pinch of nutmeg
1 bay leaf
500ml chicken stock
125ml fresh cream
25ml fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large saucepan fry the bacon for 2 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- Add the onion, green pepper and chilli and fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes, frozen corn, nutmeg and bay leaf.
- Cook over a gentle heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add the bacon, cream and parsley and heat through for a minute or 2.